Maybe someone has already tried???

redhead

Hi all,

i am on my first project, and i would like to create a dual Midibox LC with a master Midibox LC...

i wanted to add a function for "incrementing" the value of selected channels by moving only ONE fader or pan,

a "such fast grouping" function ON the Midibox...

I think i have to send the increment to the other channels by their DOUTX4 module, but i have no electronics experience/cognition and i'm a little bit confused...

Someone has tried doing this before?

Could someone give me some useful hint?

Thank you ;D

redhead

Hi Thorsten, thank you for your quick reply!

Currently i'm using Ableton Live 4.0, wich unfortunately  don't include a grouping function...

I wanted to create such function ON the MidiBox because of that...

My project include also compatibility  with Protools, wich includes the grouping function... (BankSticks)...

I think that  giving to a rotative encoder  the possibility of incrementing the selected value (pan - volume) of  the selected channels, the function can be created, but i don't know "how", and it's not a little particular...

Could you tell me if it's possible to create such function ON the MidiBox?

Sorry for the bad english and thank you very much for the support :)

redhead

Hi Redhead,

you could add a loop to LC_ENC_SendVPot (lc_enc.inc) which sends 8 increment events from CC #16-CC #23 so long a certain button is pressed. But I disbelieve that such a function is really useful - let's assume some pans are full-left, some others are full-right, and you want to bring them to mid position. When you are moving a V-Pot which is full-left to the middle, the V-Pots which are full-right will still stay in this position. There is no real feedback from the host (even the LED ring position doesn't always help due to the reduced resolution), this means that you are not able to determine how much a single V-Pot has to be incremented until it reaches a certain position.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

I only need this function for making fast volume groups, cause for channel panning i know that isn't very useful...

You think this will work?

Looping LC_ENC_SendVPot for the selected channels you think i can get an immediate response from the "grouped" motorfaders? The "incremented value" will be added to the current value of the motor-fader ONLY for the selected channels??

I'm just a sound technician, and i know that my  idea can appear "unuseful" but  when i have to arrange a drum-set volume fader by fader, making attention to increment every channel the same value, i think that such function could really help me :)

Thank you again for helping me with this :)

redhead