hiya from a n00b!

volg4

hello folks,

i just recieved my two c64's in the post yesterday.....

ive done a bit of circuit bending so i guess my soldering is getting better  ;)

my electrical/programming/coding knowledge is almost nil though, i hope this wont cause me too many problems  :-\

ive been making music for over 15 years

im now just about to start collecting the parts needed to build a midibox sid, i expect ill be asking a lot of strange and silly questions over the next few months  :-[

im in the uk (scotland) so if anyone has any good info on where to buy the parts that would be cool...... ive had a quick look around the maplin website but im still not totally sure about the specifics of the parts i need yet, need to study some more!

there is a new maplin store opened in my home town so i can hopefully find most of what i need there

so, anyway.....hello

;D

volg4

Hi Volg4,

in the last years it turned out that especially in the UK it's very hard to find a cheap (online) shop for electronic parts. It's cheaper to order the stuff from the US

The simplest solution: order the kits from SmashTV! Extremely good value, and you can get a preburned PIC, too (this saves you from building a JDM programmer)! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.