MIDIbox of the Week (MIDIbox SID of David and Ludo)

TK.

David - after spending today with my father in law and an ancient bench drill making the front panel holes of my MBSID, I can only say that maybe I should have chosen the same way of construction (both my father in law and the drill are great but man it sure was some work )! Gets the job done, is cheap and fast to build, plus you can put a sandwich in it, too!  :P

Ludo - a very cute and tidy professional design! Was the case premade, or just very neat DIY? What about the transformer so close to the boards  - did you manage to avoid magnetic interference? Anyway, a beautiful little box!  :)

Thank you Jurbo,

The box is a premade one, except that the holes were made by myself. It's a the type of box made for lab's power supply or measuring device.

I buy it at GoTronic, an excellent online french shop for component. It's here, under reference LC740 (150mm x 132 x 80).

I've changed the aluminium front for a better looking one because the original contain too much scratches.

I planned to put a grounded piece of metal between the transformer and the boards to prevent buzz, but I had to admit that you can not hear it. I hate walwart because I have too much of them.

ludo