Eprom programming with JDM module ?

freetmool

On a similair note, does anyone know if other PICs, in particular 16F84 and a 16C73 (maybe a 16F73?) can be programmed with the JDM and ICPROG?  If so, how?

Just been looking at a few interesting MIDI projects on the web which use these PICs and wondering if I can use the JDM for 'em.

Thanks all

SD

On a similair note, does anyone know if other PICs, in particular 16F84 and a 16C73 (maybe a 16F73?) can be programmed with the JDM and ICPROG?  If so, how?

Perhaps this is better answered by the IC-Prog homepage? http://www.ic-prog.com/ ;D

JDM was originally designed to program 16C84 and later slightly modificated to support other devices. So, programming could be as easy as configuring IC-Prog and wiring the programming pins (and supply pins) of the PIC to the corresponding pins of the JDM...

Bye, Moebius

do a forum search "corona" or google it for a PCB pattern for a JDM clone that has a socket for your regular pic16f84. I actually used the corona layout as a guide to make my veroboard version of the JDM, with sockets for both 18pin PIC's and 40pin PIC's. (With modifications added later, as recommended by TK)

BTW Jaycar in Australia has lots of cheapish kits for programming eeproms. Oatley electronics do too. I dunno what software you need though.

...Steve