Warning - The Germans are planning for a Motorfader group order!!?!

moebius

Hey bjarnit

1. ... because we only have one thing / signal to "measure"... the 5V which are sent back to the core to measure and then tell "us" the fader position.

2. ... not suitable for Midibox. If you want audio as well, then you need a "dual unit". One track 10k lin and the other (audio) log with what ever rating you need.

3. ... the LEDs are connected in a matrix. I don't know a lot about it, but when I look at it, it's not suitable for the "standart" Midibox LC LED ring matrix.

4. ... perhaps bad  ??? Thorsten suggests 10k lin. I heard, that somebody had no problem with 5k pots. - I wouldn't try it... Too expensive for not "guaranteed" success  ;)

5. ... yes there are, but they're not conductive

One more question,

Can the Rotary Motorpots be used for both panning or eq-gain and volume control? Are they center detend?

... 1. Yes. But you need one core for every 8 pcs... like on motorfaders

2. No

Greets, Roger

Ok, thank you Roger, this cleared out a lot of stuff for me :)

I guess the rotary motorpots will not be usefull for audio then since they are only available as single units?

Could dual unit faders be ordered in the same order or would I then need to buy 100 pcs?

The satin and nickel - finish knobs are conductive too, right?

Regards, Bjarni

I guess the rotary motorpots will not be usefull for audio then since they are only available as single units?

... there are dual as well... but not highspeed http://www3.alps.co.jp/WebObjects/catalog.woa/PDF/E/Potentiometer/MetalShaft/RMP_RK16/RMP_RK16.PDF

Could dual unit faders be ordered in the same order or would I then need to buy 100 pcs?

... you can buy 1 piece but there is no discount and you could order it by yourself directly. But I could ask for the prices... I (and perhaps others) might be interrested as well  ;)

what would be your wish for the 2nd path?

The satin and nickel - finish knobs are conductive too, right?

... yep.

Greets, Roger

... you can buy 1 piece but there is no discount and you could order it by yourself directly. But I could ask for the prices... I (and perhaps others) might be interrested as well  ;) what would be your wish for the 2nd path?

Well, I have never wired an audio fader before, but at least it should be logarithmic, and I guess 10 kOhms should work ... Any thoughts?

I'm thinking about the CP K type, but that is probably very expensive so it would be interesting to see different prices like you did for the single unit faders.

regards, Bjarni

I'm thinking about the CP K type

... the K-Type "V" (CP) doesn't work, it's too fast! Like Thorsten stated, it would need a different PWM controlling than the MB-Hardware has (higher resolution). I would be very interrested in this but my electronic knowledge isn't by far good enough (even regarding that I learned a lot from this forum since one year) to develop something like this  :(

Well, I have never wired an audio fader before, but at least it should be logarithmic, and I guess 10 kOhms should work ... Any thoughts?

... It really depends on your audio cirquit you're using. - You first have to determine this.

O.k. I'll ask for and publish more prices next week. I think there won't be a difference for different resistances.

Greets, Roger

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!  ;D

Any progress on the group order?

-Jay

... there is some work in progress for a different MF driving. - Please hold on a few days, I'll keep you guys updated.

Well mabe it is for the best that the CP type doesn't work, that is going to save us a lot of money and decision-angst

... if the CPs work, I won't have to decide for long and I think I would rip my hair off, when I bought the cheaper ones and then somebody calls: "It's working perfectly with the CPs now"

Greets, Roger

Hi folks,

after a review of Thorsten's test results and a long discussion with him I started to look for a redesign of the motorfader control. It looks like ending in a solution with a small uC + power stage + controlled power supply with a I²C I/F to the CORE. All that PER motorfader. I'll post updates on this in the forum. But please be patient. Since this tiny controller needs his own software it will take a while. The HW concept should be finalized in the next 1-2 weeks. The goal is to run the two ALPS faders (V & W versions) as well as the P&G PGFM3200 as well as the Panasonics in a more optimized way. regarding speed, noise and communication with the CORE.

Cheers,

Skunk