Motorfaders Are Go!

Nikolai

Hi, after a bit of struggle, my motorfaders are up and running.

They all move, to the right place at the right time.

But the motors make a strange sound when moving at low speeds. (other speeds then “very fast”) they make the kind of sound that electric motors usually do just before they start, “MMmmmm”. but they do move. Have tried different voltages from 7 to 10 and experimented with the Mf Calibration values, but the sound is still there.

They are Alps faders. could it be the power supply? It’s a switching 5v 4A 12v  4A.

The Voltage over C4 goes up and down by 0.03v when all faders are moving. Jitter is about 2. (although I can get it pretty high if I move the fader fast enough)

Any ideas about this sound?

Nikolai

Hi Nikolai,

yes, this buzzing sound is normal when the faders are moved very slowly, it's caused by the PWM output voltage. The only way to prevent this is to set the Up/Down calibration values to 0x1f (31) and to adjust the max. motor voltage (Vm) to a value which prevents that the faders will be moved too fast, so that they never reach the target position

Best Regards, Thorsten.