Making table-top-cdplayer-like units

Guest ChristianW

Guest ChristianW

Where could I get a big (about 15cm dia.) plate thingy for mounting on a rotary encoder? The point is getting a interface that looks alot like a Pioneer CDJ500.

Has anyone made good dj software interfaces?

Christian...

yeah, I have made a controller it looks pretty much like a standard DJ 2ch mixer, but its not pretty enough to post pictures yet! :)

You could get a local signwriter/plastics engineer to cut you a disc?

Or why not use some old vinyl, im sure you could find some cool old single's @ a 2nd hand record shop, they would be about the right size too!

What software are you going to control?

LO

Guest ChristianW

I'm not sure yet. I'm hoping that PCDJ would enable midi control for RED FX but I guess they won't. My second option would be MixVibes PRO.

But I havent tried Traktor that much yet. Or maybe I'll make something myself with the help of BASS (http://www.un4seen.com) and Visual Basic.

Can't you mail me or pm me some pictures of your unit just so i can get an idea? :)

Christian...

OK you should have mail

its still in its early stages:

No Paint

No Legend

The buttons have removeable clear caps so I will add Symbols/graphics to represent play stop etc

The bottom horizontal faders are for virtual scratchin top for pitch control, the others should be obvious

=LO=