can't receive sysex

dreamer

Hey guys i was watching the forum for a long time looking through troubleshooting guides etc. and finally i got the guts to post my issue here. I'm done soldering the core with pic 18f and the sid module with a 8581. Both connected tested all voltages are correct so i programmed the pic with JDM bootstraploader on it.. Then i stuffed the pic in the core module all other ic's are stuffed connected everything. And then. I loaded midiox. What i understand so far is that when connected the core module should send a sysex to midiox when connected, correct me if i am wrong. But i didn't get any midi signals from the core. so i checked the complete module tested everything again. then tried it again, again the same, can't receive any signals..  :-X don't know what the problem is. can someone help me out.. please..

greetz

Hey Dreamer, did you chek my post. http://69.56.171.55/~midibox/forum/index.php?topic=4190.0

Don`t waste your time wrighting, we have pretty much same problems.  :'(

Could It be crystal problem? Are you sure you are using paralel cut crystal. In my country nobody knows about it. I m aso stucked, maybe because of that crystal. I wish I could halp you more, but i can`t even help myself. Did you tried everything TK told me to do? Wish you luck.

i solved part of the problem allready, i disconected the sid module, it was connected by port j10 1:1  :P the reason i did not trie this was because i couldn't find a good connector to the sid so i soldred all the cables :). so when i disconcted the sid module i received a sysex. i've uploaded mios 1.7 everything seemed to be allright.. so on to the next prolbem the sid :D

greetz