Module Measurements?

mikeb

I'm wondering what the measurements (dimensions) are for the various modules Smash sells? Can anyone provide this info? I'm gonna start designing for my MB64 using FPD and would like to know what my limitations, or lack there of, might be as far as panel length and widths and maybe stacked module heights because I also want to start thinking about the enclosure and keeping the thickness minimal. Thanks.

fully assembled, my core board from smash is exactly 3cm tall (including solder mounds on bottom) x  8.2cm x 6.4cm.

my din boards (and probably dout boards too) are 1.3cm tall (including solder mounds on bottom) x 10cm x 4.5cm (of course, height may vary depending on how you're connecting to the jumpers....headers, etc.)

probably should've left this one for smash himself to answer, but oh well...

EDIT:

P.S.  smash, this makes me realize that this info would probably be useful to have on your site.  i know the board layouts might have the info embedded in the files, but might as well put it on the info pages also (so people wouldn't have to download anything.

Hey jdutcher thanks! I just downloaded Eagle, so as soon as I get some time to learn my way around it, I'll see about getting measurements, at least L x W, from other boards and post up here.

Smash board dimensions:

Core board = 3cm tall (including solder mounds on bottom) x  8.2cm x 6.4cm.

Din board  = 1.3cm tall (including solder mounds on bottom) x 10cm x 4.5cm (height may vary depending on how you're connecting to the jumpers....headers, etc. measurements may also apply to Dout boards.)

I need to gather more info but I will be including the pcb sizing/mounting hole info on my pages soon.....

Quick answer for the question:

Material FR-4

Thickness(inch) 0.062" 

Copper Weight 1 (oz)

Pad Finish HASL

COREr3, SIDr2 = 82.000x64.000 (mm)

AINr2, DINr2, DOUTr2, JDMr2 = 100.000x45.000 (mm)

LTCr2 = 64.000x48.000 (mm)

OPL3r1 = 100.000x65.000 (mm)

MFr1 = 88.000x64.000 (mm)

best

Smash