logarithmic fader

BigEar

Hello!

For making my MidiBox I've 16 100mm faders, but I didn't pay attention to their's type. As it turned out they are of logarythmic type, so now I can't use them for my MidiBox with standart Software. Is there any software solution to use logarithmic potentiometers instead of linear? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

If not mistaken you still can use log faders.

You just won't be able to have fader in the center when 50%

Most audio equipments seem to be using log faders.

I also have a few and quite some time back i had a thread asking if there is a way to make them linear...

Answer was there is, but its quite troublesome and worth more your while getting new ones.

Cheers

If not mistaken you still can use log faders.

You just won't be able to have fader in the center when 50%

Most audio equipments seem to be using log faders.

.... you can't compare that. In DAWs, the host is doing the log calculation. In a MIDI Controller, it's a linear ratio of position to loudness. I think you can't really mix anymore when you reach the top end of the fader position.

And making a nice sounding fade with a hardware fader, is like learning to play a musical instrument... you get used to the speed it takes to get the fade you'd like to hear. - Imagine, you suddenly have an absolute different ratio of movement to loudness behavior.  :(

Greets, Roger