IC Prog.....swap bytes?

Steven_C

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.... I have programmed heaps of Pic's, but for some reason I can't program the midimerger firmware into a PIC16F874 or PIC16F877! I'm sure there is something simple and obvious that I've forgotten, as I had this same problem ages ago, but I can't remember what the solution was!

I'm using IC Prog, and it asks me "do you want to swap bytes?" when I try to load the firmware into the buffer window. It dosen't matter whether I select Yes or No, I still get programming errors!  

Any help appreciated, I hope everyone is having fun with their midiboxes!  

bye

p.s. I put this message on the design message board as well by mistake! oops! :-X he he lotsa cheesy faces  ;D   8)   ;)

Edited by Steven_C

Well I tried programming the PIC again, only this time I turned "code protect off". I tried programming both with and without "swap bytes?" and the PIC supposedly verified ok, but when I tried it in the midimerger, no midi data passed through the merger at all. (both times)

any ideas?

thanks.............Steve :o

Well I poked around with my multimeter a bit, and found that data gets through the optocouplers, I see the voltage on the input pins of the PIC fluctuate by 0.25 to 0.3 volts when a fairly busy midi bitstream is coming in. But the output of the PIC dosen't change at all, it always stays at 3.8volts with respect to ground.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

bye from Steve (pulls another cheezy face!) :P

Hi Steve,

did you select the correct processor type (PIC16F874 or PIC16F877)? Because this setting cannot be determined from the .hex file. If this wasn't the reason, could you please send me a snapshot from your IC-prog window?

Best Regards, Thorsten.