HD61830 Graphic Lcd controller

Guest Serum

Hi Serum,

sure, this graphic LCD can be connected to the core module. But it requires another driver. There are three possibilities: either you try to modify the existing driver so that it communicates with the HD61830 (I think that I can help via remote), or somebody with programming skills buys a HD61830 and helps us, or you lend me the LCD so that I'm able to setup the routines @home.

Btw.: the MIDIbox NG will come with a three-layer driver model, the 1st level accesses the dotmatrix or graphic display directly, the 2nd level provides some API functions between the display and user code, and the 3rd level will allow the user to write something to the LCD by accessing a SRAM buffer. This will be the most flexible solution, because for different LCDs just only the 1st level routines (about 100 bytes) have to be adapted; everything else will be compatible and can be reused.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Sounds nice... but it seems like a lot of work? is it complicated to do the modifying? dont know if i should buy this display or try to find another one... just that the price is hard to beat... around 25¤  :)

Hi Serum,

maybe it's better when you just send me the LCD so that I can setup the driver (see http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=concepts;action=display;num=1043023674)

HD61830, SED1330F and KS0108 seems to be the most popular ones, if these three LCD types are working, we have the best options... :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.