assembly books?

tgp

hey all. i'm trying to read up on assembly so my coding LC project this summer wont be so difficult.

ive got a bit of programming knowledge, but on a low level languages. javascript, actionscript, ect.

anyone know of an easy read that can help me out any?

thanks.

taylor

The whole operating system has been written in assembly language and have been optimized for speed

quote from Ucapps

So MIOS is programmed in assembler ,apps too with some part in C.

there is many site about pic programing .

Taylor,

I was going after C at first too, but figured it would be wise to get a foundation with the assembly side of it. I just finished going through a decent book by Dave Benson and Square 1 Electronics called "Easy Microcontrol'n". That was a good start, though I'm seeing what appear to be newer writing methods in some of the assembly I find on the web. It all works the same and compiles either way. That book is only about 170 pages and they're big and spread out. With that, and some "properly commented" code from different websites, I've got a decent feel for the more basic stuff now.

I'm now looking for a good book to get next, if anyone has any suggestions. The Square 1 book reads more like a workbook. He does have others in the series, but I'm thinking maybe something heavier might be better for the second one. More like a good "reference" book with some newer PICs and their instruction sets. The Easy Microcontrol'n book deals exclusively with a 4MHz 16F84.

- Good Luck

PS- FWIW, I dabbled lightly in old assembler for the 68k Motorola Mac processors years ago and am recognizing many similarities. I think it's a good thing to learn no matter what processor or language you end up using later on.