Sid C, one chip, Questions help?

analofbrotha

Help Please..

Can you control sid device with midi keyboard and adjust through the range of sounds of the sid chip?

whats the advantages of more than one chip?

Is the mod hard to preform?

Where as a Canadian could i get kit with all required  programmed parts instructions?

I have a newer verision on the 64c is basicly what i need to start with?

I've been all over ucapps...Stoked!!!

I stated the day getting power supply for 64.. searching how to use it for music....Wow

I got to build one of these....I can only imagine what it sounds like :P

Thanks for the help

Awsome site!!

Yes you can play the SIDbox with a MIDI keyboard.  Or any MIDI controller/sequencer/computer for that matter.  Thats how it was designed to be controlled.  You can control all of the parameters of the SID via MIDI CC messages, or with the computer editor (Jlib?)  Or with the ocntrol surfaces knobs and buttons if you build it like that.

With more than one SID you can have more sounds going at once, or layer the same sound twice, or play in stereo etc...  with 4 SIDS you can have ALOT of sonic mayhem happening, all controllable on the fly (with MIDI)

for keyboard, you could probably only use two at most (two hands, you'd need to split the keyboard MIDI messages) but with four you could have two sets of two, for a really thick sound.. 

the more the merrier!!

Look for SmashTV's website to order boards and parts.. He'll probably ship to canada, just ask him.

have fun!!

~Steve

Thanks that helps...

?? is one chip poly on the key board keys??

what parts do i need core,ain,din,dout,jdm kits??pots leds buttons depending on what i put on?

thinking similar to steves in the galley exceptt one chip maybe different case...Thanks

any other help advice would be greatly appreciated

mind blown ???