newbie, need info on song mode...

nerd of nerds

hello!

about a year ago my neighbor started showing me how to make electronic music on a korg emx.  mere months after he first showed me i owned a synthesizer of my own but no sequencer...  i tried several pc based sequencers and hated all of them and started looking for something i could buy that had a seq. similar to the emx.

then i found this site and the awsome sequencer plans in it.  i know i can build this thing, i've done similar projects in the past.

my question is, this sequencer has song mode which i am assuming is for arranging different patterns?  if so, how many patters can be used for each song?

THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

a song consists of 128 positions, and each position can be looped up to 16 times. It's also possible to jump between different positions. This jump feature will be enhanced in future, so that you can select the "entry point" within a song from a keyboard. This will redefine the usage of a song - let's say you will have 16 entry points selectable with 16 keys, they will play 16 phrases which consist of up to 16 song positions

Best Regards, Thorsten.