Trying to build a controller for Ableton

bDUBS1221

I am planning to build a controller for Ableton Live and I want it to have 64 potentiometers or encoders (a combination of rotary and slide types) and also 64 pushbuttons.  I also wanted to have led rings for all of the potentiometers/encoders.  Basically I just wanted to know which modules I will need.  I think I can do this with 1 core module, 6 dinx modules, and 4 dout modules but I just wanted to double check before I buy all of the parts.  Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

I want it to have 64 potentiometers or encoders (a combination of rotary and slide types) and also 64 pushbuttons.
From the MIOS page:

MIOS supports:

up to 128 digital inputs

up to 128 digital outputs

up to 64 analog inputs

64 encoders = 128 digital inputs --> no buttons!!

So first you should decide how many encoders and how many pots you want to use.

I would prefer encoders but their are no affordable slide types.

Raphael

So could I do the pushbuttons on 2 ainx modules with the 4 dinx modules for 64 pots, or do I just have to use 2 core modules to get what I want.??

You should reread the descriptions of the modules first. Take some time, study the ucapps page and search the forum.

AIN means Anlog IN --> Pots

DIN means Digital IN --> Buttons and/or Encoders

So 2 AINX can handle 64 pots.

2 DIN are good for 64 buttons.

Oh OK.  Thanks for the explanation.  I was a bit confused about how to do this.  So now I have to figure out if its worth having encoders with led rings and do 2 core modules (one for 64 buttons and one for 64 encoders wit led rings) or just do one core module with both pots and buttons and forget about the led rings.