40*2 LCD for 12,95 Euro from voti.nl

skygge

Thanks for the reply. Obviously noone else could answer the question so i ordered 2 of those modules to find it out by myself. Voti sent me 2 LCD-10 which are 16*2 character displays instead  >:(. Wouter hasn't replied to my complain about that yet. I'll keep you informed.

cheers

That's rather cheap! I payed double the price for one 40x2 lcd form conrad.nl.

But the site says "surplus item", so it could be slightly knickered/dusty.

Wouter is a nice guy, he usually replies in the evening hours.

Update: As OnAcid says, Wouter is indeed a nice guy. Only a few moments after i posted here Wouter has already replied. We ironed out the 'desaster' the same day and today the 40*2 LCDs arrived. They look perfect, no dust, no scratches or anything else to moan about. Unfortunatly i'm still in the planning stage and have nothing to actually test the displays so i can not speak about the quality right now. I tell you when i'm done (this month i hope).

Speaking of Wouter/Voti: reliable, good prices and nice to deal with - recommended!

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I can get some for 9$CAD and inverter for the backlight for 5$CAD. Mouser sell some for around 10$USD without backlight I think. Digikey can provide you some inverters but they're not cheap. IMO finding an LCD between 10-20$USD with a LED backlight is a good deal. You don't need these noisy, power line noise making, losing power with time inverters.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just connected the 2x40 displays from voti; they are good(great? ;D) for me;

cheap, look as new, and good readability, at least from where i am looking..

but to get it what more official/technical, i'll run the benchmark test this evening.

cheers marcel

lcd benchmarktest on 2x40 lcd from voti

3375*8*100= 2,7 mS

btw keep in mind that;

-they are surplus so they could run out quick

-to use pin 15&16 for backlight you must solder 2 bridges on the back (connect the pads of J1 and those of J2)

cheers, marcel