dual cd player type controller

smitch

Hey,

I want to build an interface for a program like PCDJ or MixVibes etc and will look like and function like a dual cd player..Ive seen commercial ones availabe for example the DAC2:  http://www.pcdj.com/Products/Hardware/DAC-2.asp. However I dont have a big enough budget. So will one of the current midibox designs be cabable of something like this?  Has anyone done this before? Any advice, suggestions, photos, links etc will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Smitch

Ok, so i checked out Traktor and MixVibes and discoverd they can be controlled via a midi controller. All I have to do now is build it.

Im a little confused by the modules I need. What ones do I need?

Also has anyone done this before and have an interface design i can have a look at to get some ideas?

Thanks Again

Smitch

Thanks heaps

Ive been doing heaps of reading over  the past few nites. Saw alot of your posts about ur up and coming midibox. I love the design. Im going to go for something similar I think. Have you done any planning for the electronics side of things? Anything you have on this will be very much appreciated. Im confident that i can physically build it, but not so confindent in the planning of how its all going to work.

Also one more question:

Does the new trackor have midi out so motor faders and led's could be controlled? If not is there a workaround of some kind? Or even another peice of software that is as good?

Thanks

Smitch