switches to suit these keycaps?

ma3a.au

hey everybody. i'm lining up parts to use in my SEQ, and my heart's pretty set on using these keycaps ( - the "industrial" ones down the bottom, see picture here) so i don't have to write the button-functions on the front panel itself. i can't, however, find any switches to suit them; the connector-thing is a + shape (check out the pics in the link and you can see them ok). only switches with those connectors that i've seen are in my commodore 128D keyboard, and i don't really wanna take that apart :-\. does anybody know where i can get switches like this?

thanks everybody :)

PS - i spose while i'm at it i should ask my other parts-related question: are there any orange-backlit 2*40 LCD screens out there that can be used in the SEQ?

You can buy them from "x-keys" as well, like the caps (Cherry Key Switches).

http://www.xkeys.com/access.php#switches

You don't have to buy the caps, you can have 'em for free from me. I bought caps from x-keys too and they first sent me the wrong ones, the ones you want. Since it was their fault and sending them back from Switzerland to USA would have gone on their account, they offered me to keep them for free  :D (excellent service by the way).

Greets, Roger

PS: If you want them and you're from USA, I can send them to SmashTV, together with the fader bulk next week.

Re. Orange back lit lcds,

you can change the colour of green ones using thin .5mm  fluorescent

what is called live edge perspex / plexi, the stuff used in displays under uv lights.

it comes in blue, green, red, orange, pink and can be found in art / hobby suppliers.

I turned my green 2x20 lcd into an orange one to suit the theme of the multi sid I'm still building....

hope this is of some use.     

Jorge.....

Hi ,

no green tinge and brightness isn't compromised in my example, I am using a seiko lcd display,

havn't tried any other colour though.

I don't see why it shouldn't work though. Also I don't know if heat is an issue but no problems as yet.

Will post some pics soon, Iv'e a bucket load to sort out and put on a host site.....

Jorge..... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ma3a ,

Here's some Pics of my LCD display altered from green to orange as noted in my last posts.

The orange isn't as strong in the pic as in reality, I used flash on the camera and this seems to go through the screen and bounce off the green backlight diminishing the effect. I'll post another without flash and try to capture the true effect some

other time.

LCD-Orange-View.jpg

Can just see the orange.

LCD-Matrix-View.jpg

LCD-Made-Orange.jpg

How it's done.

Jorge........ ;D

Hi,

took some pics of my altered LCD without flash and they now show a more realistic representation of

what it's like.

Still not hundred percent though, digital cameras ehh! Indoor lighting tends to distort colours, must try using the white balance settings next .

Anyway hope this gives you a more realistic view of what is achievable with a bit of experimentation.

LCD-Orange-View-No-Flash-2.jpg

Close up.

Whole-Front.jpg

Whole view, a bit bleached out though.

Jorge.....

hey jorge, your screen (and the rest of your SID) look great!! very very cool. the reason i was (and still am) interested in an orange-backlit lcd was because i plan to build my SEQ into an old C64 case, so we must think alike ;)

thanks for the pictures :)

-duncan