[n00b] - Best Way To Connect SID to PC?

XOra

Hey all,

I'm in the process of building a bare minimum requirements SID, I just got the SID chip today and i'm going to start building in a few days, but i need to know whats the best way to connect my Bare Min SID to my PC, i'm using XP so usb should work but i'm not sure if its the best way.

Could you please post the possible ways and which you think is best or a little description of the pros and cons of using the different techniques. Thx, i just want to know what my options are =)

Regards,

-=X=-

Hi DragonMaster,

I have no experience with a midi link, but if it gives you midi out, it should work.

But if you have to buy a midi interface, it might be better to go for usb nowadays,

for example:

http://m-audio.com/products/en_us/MIDISPORT1x1-main.html

I do not know if the ltc would work, it probably would if you have drivers.

Search the forum and see if it's been done.

There is a reason that midibox uses midi, that is, it started out as a midi controller.

Because of midi, you can connect midibox sid to almost any modern keyboard and play it.

kind regards,

Stefan

Hey all,

Thx for all the quick replies but i guess i didn't really phrase the question right, i know that the only way to work the sid is by using midi thats why its called Midibox SID :-\

But what i want to know is whats the best way to connect it from the core module, if i should be looking for a LTC (i think its called) or a USB module, or if its best to just go with a direct connection to a certain port, or if it works to just take a midi cable and connect it from the core mod to the midi port...

Hope i can get a reply before i need to go =/ i'm catching a boat n wont have a net connection for 2 weeks... Anyway im really thxfull for all the help you can give me.

Regards,

X

Hey all,

Just one more thing, i was reading and found what i was trying to explain, if the best way is to use the

USB way, and how to do it.

MIDIbox-to-COM Interface, and how

LED/Thru/COM Module

Gameport something

Or just connecting from the core to the midi port

Just that i'm not sure if the computer i'll be using will have one =/

if someone could just give the pros and cons or which ones better or cheaper or easier, type of stuff. I'm just not sure which one to use since i read that some are meant to be 20% faster than others or something like that.

Thx for any help you can give me.

Regards,

-=X=-