One more for TK or somebody... (knob select)

Jidis

Hey again,

I'm still wondering about whether this "select parameter" system sounds OK, and I'd like to know if I'm safe to go ahead and incorporate it into my panel layout.

I want to be able to scroll around on my panel using some buttons and some lights to indicate which knob's parameters I'm seeing on the LCD (one "selected" LED per knob). My layout involves a group of horizontal channels, and I'd like a button at the front of each channel. Here's a rough idea of the necessary additions.

- Turn on the 1st knob's light at boot (just like the initial display page)

- Check for changes in the MB64_CURRENT_POT and if necessary, clear the previous LED and light the current one

now for the weird part...

- Also keep an eye out for signals from the "channel select" buttons (there may be 4-6 channels total)

- Keep a variable for which knob of the channel group is selected (init to #1) --- or use the CUR_POT variable

- If the current pot is already part of the channel who's button is hit increment the variable and move to the next knob (changing the CUR_POT and lighting the knob's LED too). If it's a different channel group, jump to that channel at knob #1, init the knob variable to 1 and change the CUR_POT.

- If the button gets hit two or three times, it will move from one knob to the next in that channel, incrementing the knob variable and changing the CUR_POT with that same previous "pot check" code. If you've hit the last pot in that row, it will move back to the first and init the variable.

If all this sounds OK, is there a necessary place or places in the MB64 files that it would need to be inserted? I'm also not real big on interrupts, but I'd like to learn. I'm guessing I'd have to use some to check for button hits.

If all goes well, I might also like a select LED for the channel itself (lights up when any of the channel's knobs are current), but it doesn't really matter.

-Thanks Again!

George