Does anyone know a solution?

Flynn

Hi there,

I´d like to get a small MIDI keyboard which fits better on my desk. My keyboard which I have now a little big with those speakers and stuff.

The only problem is, I have not much money.

So I looked on eBay for a MIDI Keyboard at low price, but had no luck. All keyboards at low cost have no pitch and no modulation wheel.

So I thought about an external solution for that, perhaps a MIDI controller, so I landed on this page.

And now, two days after long searches on the net, I ask here:

Has anyone an idea or a link to a MIDI project which explains how to build a little box which has 2 potentiometers in it which work like a pitch and a modulation wheel and which are connected between the MIDI keyboard and the MIDI connections on the PC, just like this little Midi merger or Midi filter/processor project on this page?

Or has anyone an idea or a link to some sort of project to upgrade an existing MIDI keyboard with a pitch wheel?

The most important factor is that it has to be at a low price, because I just can´t afford 100.- € for a used keyboard with pitch and modulation. The maximum amount of money I can spend is about 50€ or something. So I thought buying a keyboard without pitch and mod wheel for about 30 € or something and upgrade it later.

Hasn´t anyone an idea how to do that?

That would be a very good idea, because it would save lots of money for many musicians who can´t afford that much. Even for musicians who want a portable remote or strap-on keyboard. They could buy a cheap MIDI Keyboard with no pitch, build that project into a tube which they stick onto that MIDI keyboard and go along. And the best thing on that idea is that most of those cheap MIDI keyboards on ebay are battery operated which.

Has anyone an idea or a link?

Thanks a lot,

Flynn

Hi Flynn,

the MidiBoxPlus is what you want. Go to -

http://www.ucapps.de/

and follow links to MidiBoxPlus.It can be built with no LCD or buttons and as few pots as you like. The test circuit -

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox/midibox_plus_test_8.pdf

shows how to use the MidiBox with just one pot connected - very easy to add one more.

hope this helps,

paul

Hi,

thanks for your fast answer, this sounds extremely interesting. With more pots in they Keyboard included, I could also add some more controllers.

But.....which MIDI controller number has the pitch? I never found a number for it, but I know Modulation is 1.

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Flynn

No, I´m looking not for a complete keyboard, but only for some extension to connect between Keyboard and PC (or other MIDI In).

Look there: this should be something like it:

www.flynn.de.vu/pitch.jpg

Does anyone know a solution to build such a thing??

Or a link or an idea or something else?

Thanks a lot,

Cheers,

Flynn