Not sure if my bootloader is functioning - only writes part of the flash memory?

Nero

Hi,

I have been developing some applications for the MIOS. Once and a while it seems as if the bootloader doesnt load all of my program into the flash memory, as I, for example have seen that it writes some lines to the display which clearly isnt part of the application program that I had just transfered to it, but the one that was transfered a bit earlier. I am using MIOS v1.8 and MIOSStudio and MIOSStudio doesnt give me any warnings.

Is there anybody who has got a clue as to whats happening?

Søren Knudsen

PS: If I havent allready expressed my feelings for MIOS: This thing rocks my socks off! I have been developing midi apps for pic MCU's earlier without MIOS, and I can certainly say that it has speed up the dev time. Ta Tk ;D

Hi Søren,

thanks for the compliments, nice to read that there are also people who enjoy the programming capabilities (and not only the available applications :))

An application upload only overwrites the memory blocks which are allocated by the new program. If the program accesses blocks which are outside this memory range (perhaps due to a programming error), you could notice such effects.

I would suggest to open the main.lst file, and to search for MIOS_LCD_PrintString, MIOS_LCD_PrintPreconfString and MIOS_LCD_PrintMessage- ensure that TBLPTRL and TBLPTRH are configured correctly before these functions are called. If the table pointer is not initialized, it could point to any location within the flash

Best Regards, Thorsten.