new feature suggetsion for the sequencer (about the note length)

bosone

now that the forum is up again, i can post this also here! :-)

with the current seq version, it is possible to gate note in triplets and doublets with a single note lenght event (with the 2x, 3x, 4x feature).

considering the 2x case , it would be interesting to enhance this feature so that the first of these two events will not be played. in this case, you can obtain interesting "up beats" and are not always constrained to play the first note of the doublets/triplets/quadruplets.

considering 4 beats, you now cak have:

X      X      X      X X

where the last event is a 2x gate lenght event.

what i'm proposing is that the used can chose not to play the first of the two last events, in order to obtain:

X      X      X      .. X

where ".." represent the now muted note. in the case of triplets and quadruplets, of course the possibilties are a lot more (for example with the triplets you can chose between

X .. X

.. .. X 

.. X X

and with four beats even more...

well, this is all... i hope that my idea was clear!

The idea is clear, but if this would be possible, it would already be available

MBSEQ is not a 64 step sequencer, providing multi-note events was already made in a very uncommon way, providing seperate mutes would require for a completely different concept (not only the programming would be different, but especially the user interface!)

However, I've already noticed this for my MBSEQ V3 wishlist - things which are currently not working perfectly, will work with this new main version. Other planned features: up to 256 steps per track, loop points within tracks, more random capabilities, preconfigured arpeggio algorithms, premade tracks which can be linked to the pattern (groovebox like handling), etc...

Hardware will be completely re-usable, PIC needs to be exchanged (PIC18F4620, once a bugfree silicon is available), maybe a 512k or 1MB external RAM module has to be added

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The idea is clear, but if this would be possible, it would already be available

well, at least i can express myself in a good way! :D

However, I've already noticed this for my MBSEQ V3 wishlist - things which are currently not working perfectly, will work with this new main version. Other planned features: up to 256 steps per track, loop points within tracks, more random capabilities, preconfigured arpeggio algorithms, premade tracks which can be linked to the pattern (groovebox like handling), etc...

Hardware will be completely re-usable, PIC needs to be exchanged (PIC18F4620, once a bugfree silicon is available), maybe a 512k or 1MB external RAM module has to be added

are you joking or this is for real!??!?!

this is not a joke. As you can see in the MIOS ChangeLog, the operating system is already prepared for large flash devices. This will open a lot of new possibilities without switching to a new platform. The only problem is currently, that all new silicons have a bug which prevents me to run MIDI properly. I fear that it will take at least until next year, until an update is available, but then the fun begins (not only for MBSEQ, but also for MBSID, MBFM, etc :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.