Burn My Pic? (Continental Europe pref. Italia)

tarzan boy

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has the ability to burn 3 PIC18f452's with IDs 1,2,3.

I got them as sample orders from Microchip.com and ordered my 250 euros in parts split between SmashTV and Joergs Midishop (including one PIC18f burned with ID 0) without thinking that I'll eventually need to have device IDs burned onto the 3 additional PICs I got free.

I'm hoping I can find someone I can send these 3 chips to and have them burn them for me, hopefully the shipping for sending and return being less than the 23 dollars to get the jdm module from SmashTV or the 17 euros to get it from Joergs.

btw- how much does it cost to ship 3 microchips intercontinental europe? I'm new here (USA emmigrant..)

I would think that you should be able to find a electronics store in italy and buy the parts for the JDM and make it on a dreadboard (like the picture on this thread..). The part are very cheap and it´s easy to put together ( and good practice if needed ;) ) Your probaly going to need it later if you get too hooked on the midibox stuff....

js

spent all day looking around the net and phone books for electronic stores. unfortunately i live in the middle of farmland one hour from a semi-sizeable city (in my case Bologna).

I discovered there is a Ham Radio store there, i plan to go on monday and check it out.

You are probably right, i will want to eventually build the JDM, but considering my resources are low, i want to ask.