2x sid: slave doesn't respond to CC

kokoon

correction:

it responds to some CCs, but filter doesn't work...

but filter on slave worked 1hour ago when i was running the same pair (core + sid) as master.

also JSynthLib doesn't do anything for the slave. ANYTHING not even main volume. but if i send CC 7 it affects both - the master and the slave.

now i'm trying to set the core back to master (id 0x00) but i can't do it with the change_id application. looks like... i don't know what it looks like because there's no response.

i connected the midi cables to the slave (0x01), put the optocoupler back in and recompiled the change_id for an id of 0x00. and converted it into syx. then when i try to upload it with midi-ox, nothing happens. midi in works though cause i can play notes. and some controllers (but not all - see above - that was the inital problem)

maybe the change_id application only targets devices with id 0x00? if that's the case - can i fix this in the code?

i'm just trying to figure what went wrong and i thought putting this slave back to single/master would show me if there's anything wrong with the hardware. i'm especially worried about the filter cause i read the filter just stopped working for someone. my case is similar - filter doesn't work via CC.

anyone care to help me out or at least suggest something? please if possible not "re-burn your PIC" cause i put all that junk in the closet and hope to never put it out again for next few months :)

maybe the change_id application only targets devices with id 0x00? if that's the case - can i fix this in the code?

Since you are using MIDI-Ox, you have to create a .syx file which addresses ID #1, you can do this by calling the hex2syx.pl script from a DOS shell:

perl hex2syx.pl main.hex -device_id 0x01

It's simpler with MIOS Studio: just select device ID 01 (no new conversion required)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I don't know any reason, why some, but not all CCs of a slave shouldn't be accessible. It's important, that a filter type (LP/HP/BP) is selected (CC#45), and that the oscillators are assigned to the filter path (CC#44) - did you take this into account?

JSynthLib: thats a know issue, JSynthLib can only control a single module properly, it isn't in my hands to improve the handling of multiple synths :-/

Best Regards, Thorsten.