Modular Momentary tactile buttons with and without LEDs

jackchaos

I'm looking for Modular Momentary tactile buttons with and without LEDs that can be grouped together in a single row panel like the photo links suggest.

synthex_osc.jpg

http://www.bluesynths.com/1Tests-e/Elka-Synthex.html

Look at the buttons on this site. They are grouped together in a plastic housing that is somehow snapped into the rectangular hole in the aluminum panel.

I've looked through the Mouser site and catalog and I see no buttons like this.  These would be perfect for my project, which is currently in the prototype stage.

Does anyone know where I can get these or other modular, momentary tactile buttons with and without LEDs that can be grouped together in a modular panel like the photos above suggest?

I grabbed 10 of those eBay buttons when I posted that reply and they're already here :)

If anybody is looking for something like Jack described you should check them out. They look cool as crap, but they're only in black (actually a really dark gray) and have either a green LED or a red one. The finger detent is nice and shallow and the rest of the face is flat, so you sort of press the whole button, LED and all. The switch pushes straight inward like a PC keyboard key switch, instead of tilting like the Digitast/E-Switches. The click feels nice and smooth.

Jack- They have male and female pins on the sides, so they can lock side by side in a row and they're much smaller than they look in the picture. Two, side by side is only about .75" with barely any space between them (but they don't rub together). They're about .6" tall.

I'm anxious to see the LED's tonight at the studio. I may get some more. You could get 16 lighted solo buttons into 6". I think some were for mains voltage or something.

PS--- They *should be* N.O. - If not I'll post back.

- George