Parts Questions

VilladonEnt

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I have a couple questions.

I am starting my midibox64 project and this is the setup i would like to accomplish.

25 Potentiometers 

2 60mm Faders

1 100mm Fader

and about 85 buttons..

From reading this forum I gather that I'll need..

2 cores

1 ain

3 din

1 ltc

I just received 1 core kit and 1 ain kit from SmashTV (Thanks!) to get started..

If I purchase the rest above will that be correct?

Another question, Is it a difficult process to link two cores together, using 1 LCD, 1 midi in and 1 midi out?

Thanks.

hi;

yeah this is correct; but you don't need a LT; every core has a midi in and midi out port; the ltc is for if you want midi through, an extra midi out or a midibox to com port. extra out and trough is nice to have in my opinion though..

and if you can do with less buttons (like 64, mios/midibox apps are very flexible) you can do it with 1 core and 2 dinx4

but linking is easy too ;D

good luck, marcel

Thanks Marcel!

I'm going to place the rest of my order tonight.

I'd love to cut down on the buttons, But I'd rather cut down on using the mouse.    ;D

I had SmashTV program Pic with the bootloader and pic id header equal to sysex Device ID: 00

So having him program the next Pic with the bootloader and sysex Device ID: 01 would be ok?

smash has 1 meter ribbon cables,  to be safe how many would you order to wire this project.  Just a ballpark figure.

Thanks for your help!

I'll be soldering away tonight!  :D

Jason