What MIOS tools do I need & how to do it for programming PIC18F452 on Midibox32

ed roots

Hi, i´m a new friend from spain, so sorry  for my bad english. Well, i´m ending my first Midibox, It  will have 32 buttons & Leds , & 32 analog pots 10k  ( 26 pots & 6 faders ) & one LCD

My questions are:

What Virtual midibox must i use for programming my PIC18F  with  32 buttons & pots? Is possible to programming it  with serge´s v midibox64 ?

How  must  i  to create the MIOS file  for handle with some different software?

Must I create some different configurations for my midibox and then store all them in a bankstick? I need the MIOS files nedeed for  drive with traktor dj , subtractor , redrum, mixer  (reason) adobe audition, cubase, etc... Please, if  somebody can help me, send me this files. thank you very much

greets, ed roots

DIY  4EVER  brothers

What Virtual midibox must i use for programming my PIC18F  with  32 buttons & pots? Is possible to programming it  with serge´s v midibox64 ?

Serges VMidiBox doesen't support the PIC18 based MIOS architecture: http://www.ucapps.de/howto_tools_syxedit_18f.html

So here is the way how to do it: http://www.ucapps.de/howto_tools_mbsyx.html

How  must  i  to create the MIOS file  for handle with some different software?

MIOS always remains the same. There is only one Version for all applications.

Must I create some different configurations for my midibox and then store all them in a bankstick? I need the MIOS files nedeed for  drive with traktor dj , subtractor , redrum, mixer  (reason) adobe audition, cubase, etc...

I think using a Bankstick is the easiest solution. Otherwise you would have to load your configurations over MIDI SysEx every time you wanna change the application.

Raphael

Ed Roots,  (looks like Raphael got in here while I was typing)

Welcome! You can edit/save some on the box itself (with an LCD), but a lot of the hardware configuration,etc. will be done in the actual source code files for the application you've chosen, before you compile it and dump it into the chip. There's a lot of flexibility in it, but Thorsten has done a pretty good job of commenting the sections you'll want to edit in the code files. It's usually just a matter of changing some of the default numbers for your particular box and he tells you which ones do what. I'm not sure how much you already know, but you'll need to grab some free stuff (MPLAB) from Microchip's website to compile the app, if you're going to make some changes. You don't really need to know much about the compiler. The MPASM window is pretty straightforward and should run fine at it's defaults if you haven't made a big mess in the source files.

The MIOS system can run a bunch of different applications. You can get the current MIOS code, as well as the application you're planning to use (MB64, I assume) into the box via MIDI after you've got it running, so if you want to edit MB64 source files afterward, you can just resend the new MB64 program to your box. The bootloader is the only thing that needs to be burned into the PIC to start with, but there's way more info and instructions on all that at the UCAPPS site.

My main application is Nuendo, and I rarely have to leave it for audio/MIDI, but most audio programs now should be able to alter their own incoming map(s) to work with the MIDI controller and note messages you're sending them. Even with the default controller and note mappings from a MIDIBox, you should be able to link them to many of the software elements you'll be using, but you can also create custom patches and upload them or save them to banksticks.

-Take Care

George