50k pot with AIN module?

grahamj

Hi all,

Graham here. I just signed up but you'll probably be seeing me around a lot since I am about to embark on a MB project!

I'll start out with a question as I'm sure most people do. I'm going to be making a mixer-like controller and thus will have many pots. A friend has a bunch of 50k linears he can give me but I noticed that the AIN modules seem to be designed for 10k pots.

Is there a way I can use them anyway? My electronics knowhow is a little rusty.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Graham

I'm waiting for this guy's stuff to make it's "magical reappearance"-

http://stores.ebay.com/ORK-INC_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

He specializes in 10k and 50k linear pots, encoders, harmonicas, and wooden ladybugs. He used to have a bunch up at a time. I watched the first couple end with zero bids and then decided to jump in, but they had already drawn some attention. The quantities are absurd, like a box of 200, 800, or 1000 pots for 10 dollars. I wanted to get some and let people here buy the leftovers, but he was done with the 180 degree PCB mounts before I came to my senses.

There's no way in hell that the buyers all needed a thousand pots for something, or that they all run electronics stores outside of eBay, so I'm predicting that in the near future, there will be small quantities of the pots showing up for auction and some very wealthy people planning for their early retirements. >:(

-George

PS- I think he lists potentiometers as "encoders", but he's had some plastic shaft *actual* encoders as well.