LEDDIGITS dot

SounDuke

Hello, I've connected the leddigit as in http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_lc/midibox_lc_leddigits.pdf . Everything fine, the problem is that when connecting with 220 ohm resistor the dot pin to Vs of J3 the segments get dim and the dot lits very shiny. Kind of a short circuit? Maybe the segment display is Common Cathode? If so, it should not work with the default map in leddigits.inc, or I'm wrong? Thanks in advance

Could it be that there is an error in the schematic? It seems that all blue lines are shifted (e.g., segment g should be connected to D0, not to D1) - the dot is normaly connected to D7

Can you confirm that the LED digits at the right side only show garbage?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten, maybe there is an error in the schematics for the leddigits. the right side is working well, but the left (4 digits including the status digits) show garbage. I'm testing it with live 5, yet I'm sure I made no wiring errors, what caught my eye was that sometimes the number of digits which are on doesn't match the number it should be (e.g. it should display 5, but only 4 segments are lit).

• 2 weeks later...