Pots connections

Cyril

Hi all!

My pots are mounted on a stripboard. Now I want to connect them to the AIN module but I am wondering if I need to connect them in a specific order. has to be the first pot (A0) connected first to J7 (Vs;Vd) and so on?

A0 = first connected to J7

A1 = second connected to J7

Or can I connect them to J7 like I want?

So long as you don't use the MIDIbox with a display, the order doesn't matter, since the pots are free assignable. A changed order could also be irritating when you plan to use Serge's MIDIbox editor for the configuration of MIDI events

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 years later...

I have swapped from the old MB 16F firmware to MIOS 1.8.

Now my pots are in the wrong order compared to the display! What is the best way to re-assign my pots?

(if this is not possible within MIOS, then I'll just disassemble the header sockets on the PCB... I'ts not hard... just time consuming but that's ok!)

all the best, from Steve

Hi Steve,

it's possible to map physical inputs to the pin numbers which are used by the software, it requires a small modification within the USER_AIN_NotifyChange function.

I don't remember the pot order of the old MB64 hardware, maybe just only one bit needs to be toggled - could you please tell me the order of the first 8 pots?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So long as you don't use the MIDIbox with a display, the order doesn't matter, since the pots are free assignable. A changed order could also be irritating when you plan to use Serge's MIDIbox editor for the configuration of MIDI events

Best Regards, Thorsten.

and how would you arrange if graphic displays were used?

thanks.

taylor

• 2 weeks later...

tgp wrote...

and how would you arrange if graphic displays were used?

Did you follow this diagram for the order of your pots? http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_ainx4.pdf because if you did, you shouldn't have any problems, as far as I can see.

Thorsten, here is the old order of pots...

pot-0 to pin-12 (of 4051)

pot-1 to pin-13

pot-2 to pin-14

pot-3 to pin-15

pot-4 to pin-1

pot-5 to pin-2

pot-6 to pin-4

pot-7 to pin-5

thanks, from Steve (P.S. if it turns out to be a hassle, don't worry, the old 16F firmware works fine for what I want to do, I just felt like seeing the new features of the MIOS version!)

Hi Steve,

so far I can see, the order is just reversed:

OLD  NEW

0: 12  5

1: 13  4

2: 14  2

3: 15  1

4: 1  15

5: 2  14

6: 4  13

7: 5  12

thats an easy change, just add following lines below the USER_AIN_NotifyChange label in main.asm:

USER_AIN_NotifyChange
;; reverse order of pin numbers in MIOS_PARAMETER1[2..0]
movlw b'00000111'
xorwf MIOS_PARAMETER1, F
[/code]

(hope it works)

Best Regards, Thorsten.