Whats about a midibox mind machine

Phattline

I think everbody know what a brain machine (mind machine) is, for those who not now whats is:

It is A sunglass and on the innerside of the glasses are leds that are blinking in a varible frequenzy (your eyes are closed), and you have headphones on and you hear impulses-

The Result is a  Flute of information, your brain get to a trance like beeing, it is the same as meditaion, you are concentratéing  to your inner life,

With meditation, you ignore the room you are sitting and you isolate yourself,- so the brain switch to the inner live.

With brainmachine, you get so much information that your brain switch to the inner live, but you have the risk to get a epileptic seizure-but when you are a techno disco freak like me.... and it depends strong on set and setting-

In booth methods your must do something you have to controll your mind, or it will not happen anything    :-*

Ok in BASIC, i could get it to work, a beep command, and some print command, no controll surface.

But in assembler, in a midibox, with a sequenzer, a matrix for controlling, sending midinotes, sending impulses over a Shift register, for me its to complicatet

I dont know,- so this is only A Idea.

The Hardware is still easy I think:

1 Core

1 Dout module (for Leds and maybe for Trigger sounds)

1 Old sunglasses (to put the leds into)

1 Din  Module

1 2x20 Display

LEDS

Buttons and Encoders

1. The Din module is conectet to:

1.1 5 Menu buttons

1.2 5 Preset buttons (quick acces in the dark to your favourite sequenzes)

1.3 Encoder for: Light frequenzy e.g.: 0,01 to 100 Hz

1.4 Encoder for Light decay e.g.: 1ms to 4 seconds (the impulse time)

1.5 Encoder for Light shuffle ????

1.6 Button to 1.) sync the light with the sound so they are triggerd on the same time, or 2.) to trigger it with the light in the pauses. or 3.) Take the selectet frequenzy from point 1.7

1.7 Encoder for Sound triggering frequenzy (how often it sounds per second)

1.8 Encoder for Sound tune (if sid is used: outputing midi notes, not-then cancelt)

1.9 Encoder for Sound decay (the impulse time)

1.9.1 Buttons for a LED MAtrix selection (a smaller sid matrix- but with one button to select wich colour should light if the led is a tricolour, and one button to select on wich step we are)

1.9.2 8 Buttons for the Sound sequnzer

2. The Dout module is conectet to:

2.1 to the Glasses - Leds (triecolour or a good mix from white green red blue leds)

2.2 A Matrix to select on wich step wich Led should light (a 1 to 1 rebuilt from the glasses but with buttons to select)

The LED sequenzer, maybe a smaller version of the midibox sequ?

a 8 Step 10 LAYER sequenzer: For 8 LEDS (8 Leds for one eye the other eye get the 1 to 1 copie)

E.g:

Step 1:

Layer 1: Green (3 Pins for one led: green is sr1 pin 1 red is sr1 pin2 blue is sr1 pin3)

Layer 2: Green (1 sr, pin 4 selectable with the 1:1 matrix on the controll unit)

Layer 3: Green (1sr, pin 7)

Layer 4: Red (2 sr, pin 3)

Layer 5: Red (2sr, pin 6)

Layer 6: Green .............

Layer 7: Green ..........

Layer 8: Green..............

The Result is a Output Impulse (impulse time variable with light decay) on the Din registers:

--oo

oooo

--oo

Delay 100 ms (variable with light frequnzy)

Step2:

Layer 1: Red

Layer 2: Red

Layer 3: Green

Layer 4: Red

Layer 5: Red

Layer 6: Green

Layer 7: Red

Layer 8: Red

Output:

--oo

oooo

--oo

Delay 100 ms

Step 3

Output

Delay

step 8

output delay

return to step 1

THE Sound sequenzer is a 8 step 2 layer sequenzer wich sends Midinote -gate and velocity data 1 layer for the right side 1 layer for the left side

Step 1:

delay if sync mode 1: 0ms; if sync mode 2: 50ms, if sync mode 3: take variable "sound triggering frequenzy"

Layer 1: C1, 128, 128

Layer 2: C1, 128, 128

Step: 2

delay if sync mode 1: 100 ms; if sync mode 2: 100 ms, if sync mode 3: take variable "sound triggering frequenzy"

Layer 1: C#1, 128

Layer 2: C#1, 128

Step 8:

delay if sync mode 1:100 ms; if sync mode 2: 50 ms, if sync mode 3: take variable "sound triggering frequenzy"

Layer 1:C#1, 128

Layer 2: D#1, 128

return to step 1