Membrane switches, etc.

Silverfish

Hi again.

Still in the planning phase of the Midibox creative process, and I am curious what other peoples thoughts were on membrane switches.  Alltronics.com has really cheap five-button membrane switches. Could this be set up as a (long-term, reliable) transport bar? And would a iPod like circular membrane work well as a "rotary encoder" jog wheel? Let me know any thoughts or comments you may have on this.

Thanks again!

Tyler B

I'm still interested in homemade membranes over cheap tactile momentaries if anyone here is particularly knowledgeable on it. Like the rubber insert you find in a remote control or mobile phone. I tried it once in a makeshift mold with some liquid latex and didn't like what I got, but it was a sloppy first attempt. :-\

I've got some Grayhill 12 key pads here, and I agree on the feel (and accuracy), but I think using actual switches under the rubber, rather than direct board contact would be different.

-George