MB MicroMixer - A Simple MIDI Controlled Audio Mixer idea... (+ renders)

Artesia

bionix.. the audio mixing is happening in the analog domain... if analog to digital & digital to analog conversions are desired.. thats another module board that can be built sepperately..

(on general topic: ..crikey, quite afew people working on this one by now too...)

ok, we should - if we want ;) - discuss that in the new thread.

the idea of optical in/out is just to eliminate some ground loops with different connections between laptop/pc soundcards and f.e. midiboxsid etc. because analogue signals from soundcard (at my laptop audigy zs 2) can get ground loops through their psu, but if they switch to optical mode, there's no ground loop. that's because the da/ad conversion is proccessed directy in front of the analogue output and the digital signal (the real signal, not the signal level) wouldn't get touched by transport over digital ways. but some reported, that also cinch and spdif out ports got ground loops, so i decided to ask about the optical (TOS) way.

currently i'm at testing optical out/in conversion, to build such a little module. but i recognized little problems with different variations of data streams (from vendors and signal types like dts/dd2, raw etc.) which cannot be handled through above chipsets.

maybe i find a cheap solution - this could take some time, because the current cost per channel is around 15-20 euro. remember: it's just a signal transceiver from analogue to optical and back.

best regards...