Guitar Floorboard

Jaicen

Hey guys, I was was thinking of building a floorboard for my Flextone II based on the project here.

The thing is, I have a few spare PIC18F452's I was hoping to use. Do these support the source code, or do I have to use the one specified (i'm trying to keep costs down).

I think I understand how to modify the code to do what I want (using 4 patch buttons and 2 bank up/down buttons Maybe FX on/off), since Line666 were kind enough to publish the program change parameters in the manual.

I might just go ahead and order another PIC unless anybody can suggest otherwise.

Anyone ever built something like this??

Sounds good to me, but i'm no better at C than any other assembly code! The last programming I did was on the C64 about 10 years ago! Back then moving a static sprite across the screen really was an achievement!

I really like the look of this project, it seems quite a simple build. I'm quite happy to make layouts available if somebody can help with the code.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Im doing a similar thing with a behringer GX210 Guitar Amp. Ive got this Guitar amp who comes with an embedded Guitar Effect array which are also midi-controllable. The implementation of the midi messages are really simple, for example to change patch (for example to switch between delay or distortion) i have to send a program change message and u can configure the guitar amp to listen only on one midi channel or in all.

I check on all the proyects and i guess that i can do everything with 3 pot encoders (parameter effects configuration), 2 analog pots (volume pedal and whawha pedal) and 12 buttons (2 for up/down patch functions and 10 for presets)  and the code already developed for the midibox 16.

any commentary are welcome,

ttruga