more than 64?

elemental

Hi

I am back on a mission to build a controller. After having played with 2x Faderfox LV-1 and a BCR-2000 with Ableton Live I have a clearer idea of what i want.

Anyway - I am looking for full control, with little or no bank switching.

So .. I am now looking at building a MIDIbox64 based project. However, in my ideal design I would have 16 faders, and 4-5 pots per channel  - thats already well over 64!! So I wonder, is possible to have 2 core modules in one box and have the MIDI flow from one to the other? I assume so, since some of the designs i've seen look like they've got a couple of MIDIbox's in one.

Hi,

yes, you can chain as many modules as you want, see also http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_link.html

The last core in the chain has to be configured as "MIDIbox Link Endpoint", the other ones as "MIDIbox Link Forwarding Point". In MB64, this can either be done from the LCD menu (but this requires, that each core has connected a dedicated LCD), or from Serge's Editor, or from a .syx created with the mk_syx script

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a limit to how many core's can be linked in this fashion?

not really, you only need to consider that each linked core adds a latency of about 320..400 uS...

However, compared to the latency of your PC MIDI interface, this is ultra low ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.