MB64E number of buttons

SounDuke

Hello, I've midified an old 61 keys matrix with single contact buttons. This way I have allocated 61 Dins, and I have only 3 more, not sufficient for the navigation buttons. Is there a way to use the dins which are by default assigned to the encoders? Do I need to write an application like ain64_din128_dout128_v1_3.zip or I can get through this with some little din mappings? It is not clear to me: MB64 and MB64E cannot handle more than 64 dins because of compatibility issues with pic16f, so why in the changelog of mb64E it is written that the app can handle up to 64encs and 64buttons? Thanks for the help

The shift registers (SR) used to control DIN events can be mapped to the 16 shift registers, which are provided by MIOS.

If all 16 shift registers are allocated by rotary encoders, then they cannot be used for "button inputs" (of cause...) - so there are many constraints which have to be taken into account, unfortunately nobody has written a graphical main.asm configuration tool yet ;-) therefore there is no other way than reading the details in main.asm

Best Regards, Thorsten.