mooger fooger MuRF

spazmatron

I've been wanting to get my hands on a Mooger Fooger MuRF pedal for a while now.  If you haven't seen one, head over to the Moog site and check it out.

It's a bank of 8 resonant band pass filters, each tuned differently from low to high.  The audio is sent through each filter according to the pattern you select.  For example: it might go from low to high, one at a time. or high to low, etc.

I think there are 24 patterns all together.

Well they are pretty expensive.  I'm sure it's worth it, but I'm not rich.

So I'm wondering if the MIDIbox SEQ could do this?  My MIDIbox research has been mainly for controller purposes, so I don't know much about the SEQ.  It does support up to 8 CV outputs, so it's just a matter of putting all together.

Assuming the SEQ could do this, I would still need the additional filter circuits, envelope, lfo, etc.

Thanks for any ideas.

I guess what I'm really thinking is that if I'm going to spend the money, I might as well make it a MIDIbox instead.  For one, I think it would be a fun project.  But also, the added features would be pretty cool.  With the MuRF you are limited to the factory preset patterns.  Creating my own patterns on the fly would be fun.

Can the SEQ slave to my host software tempo?

If so, that alone would make the difference.

Thanks again.