[X] rotary encoders/3mm blue LEDs/$$$ for SID chips

Wilba

I would buy SID chips if I could... but...

In case anyone has a spare SID chip, or is willing to salvage one from C64s you can get your hands on (that I can't), I can trade for rotary encoders and 3mm blue LEDs (opaque blue plastic) and which are hard to come by for some (I had to buy in bulk). I will pay for all shipping.

So if you need a lot of rotary encoders and blue LEDs for the price of a C64 on eBay, let me know.

• 1 month later...

Hi Wilba,

I read your story about all the broken SID's you tried to salvage, what a pity. I believe I also read that stryd_one offered you a SID, so are you supplied now? If not, please PM me, I might be able to help you out (trade).

(Note to other midiboxers: this is an offer to Wilba only, please do not PM me about SID's for sale if your name is not Wilba. I will open a separate topic if I ever decide to sell some).

Cheers,  Alex.

Yeh Wilba, you should come over and steal my C64's until I need them buddy :) There's like 6 of them I think, and a 128D, just collecting dust until I get my boards... I'm sure wasted SID's is a deadly sin or something ;)

You are killing a 128D for a SID!?  :-[ :'(

(If it's already broken I can understand)

I really appreciate the offers, thanks... However, I have already bought 4x 8580s from Reflex Audio (the guy posted on this forum here). They sell HardSID cards as well. He was kind enough to let them run overnight and test them thoroughly before shipping. Worth the premium price of US$30 each, inc. postage. I haven't put them in yet, as I also salvaged an 8580 from a C64C recently, which is working beautifully. Now my MBSID box is set up for 4x 8580s and I am fully stocked and stoked ;D

I really appreciate the offers, thanks... However, I have already bought 4x 8580s from Reflex Audio (the guy posted on this forum here). They sell HardSID cards as well. He was kind enough to let them run overnight and test them thoroughly before shipping. Worth the premium price of US$30 each, inc. postage. I haven't put them in yet, as I also salvaged an 8580 from a C64C recently, which is working beautifully. Now my MBSID box is set up for 4x 8580s and I am fully stocked and stoked ;D

Yeh it's totally a good deal. I was thinking about selling my C64's, it's the same price, so I'd break even...but those cases are so cool, and the PSU's are handy....... By the time I factor that in, they're still useful (especially the PSU in that 128D, sweet ass)... But spare SID's is a good call too, and I've been thinking about making mods to pair up 2 SIDs in unison, so hey, the more the merrier ;)

I've actually just placed an order, I fugure if I end up with spares, I can assemble the parts from chomped up c64's and re-sell them :)

Actually I was thinking about using the case too... I'm beginning to get the impression that maybe I shouldn't kill it?

I keep one for sentimental reasons. I have a sampler and a midi-interface for it. Never used them, no time yet  :-[

It just might come in handy to rip sounds from original SID tunes or something?