[blog] 4xSID photoblog

tatapoum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for you positive feedbacks.

I used switches from Voti for the matrix and Multimec 3F switches elsewhere. I hadn't bought illuminated ones, I've mounted the LED myself because the stuffed one are too much expensive.

I will post the matrix PCB later because I'm not at home. Please note the PCB is double-side and that there is not enought room space to use the pads to connect the wire. So I've put the wire close to the LED and switches.

ludo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

May I ask how you are planning on doing the window in front of the LCD? Without a milled piece of lexan / perspex / glass (with a stepped edge) and some milling around the edge of the opening for the LCD, I've been at a bit of a loss to come up with a cheap, durable, attractive window.

-Steve

I don't protect the LCD in anyway. There will be only a window in the front panel as made on my Midibox SEQ

Ah, okay. I was wondering, since that's the problem I'd yet to solve. I haven't tried to contact a glass company to see if they could mill a lip into a piece of glass... Maybe I should do that. (Note, this is for a non-MIDIbox project.)

Or, it may be possible to laminate two appropriately sized pieces of acrylic with a cyanoacrylate glue...