Leftover chip tubes

Davo

In the wake of a recent project, I have a considerable number of empty chip tubes.  Some had chips in them and were marked "anti-static".  Others had chip sockets in them and were not marked "anti-static".  Should I just ditch the ones not marked?  Is there really a difference?

In the wake of a recent project, I have a considerable number of empty chip tubes.  Some had chips in them and were marked "anti-static".  Others had chip sockets in them and were not marked "anti-static".  Should I just ditch the ones not marked?  Is there really a difference?

Yes there is a difference, and I always need both types.  How many do you have and what would you trade for them?  ;)

Best

Smash

Geez Smash,

I wanna get in on this one!  I have quite a few of these things!  both .3 and .6 (8 pin through 40 pin).  I never throw anything away and have been working with electronix stuff since the early '70's!

Not quite sure where DAVO is located, but I'm in Texas so shipping is not a problem.  It would clear up a bit of space on my workbench and storage areas, so I am thinking just giving them to you is a good option (no trades required).

lemme know (pm with your address, or I can get from your website)

gb

Geez Smash,

I wanna get in on this one!  I have quite a few of these things!  both .3 and .6 (8 pin through 40 pin).  I never throw anything away and have been working with electronix stuff since the early '70's!

Not quite sure where DAVO is located, but I'm in Texas so shipping is not a problem.  It would clear up a bit of space on my workbench and storage areas, so I am thinking just giving them to you is a good option (no trades required).

lemme know (pm with your address, or I can get from your website)

gb

Wow I did not realize you are in TX!  Anywhere near Dallas?  I still live in Oklahoma but these days I'm in DFW twice a week.  The offer is much appreciated, but at least let me trade or pay for the shipping etc. 

Wanna come see a show?  :)

Best

Smash

Sorry, I'm in Houston.  And our car probably would not make it to Dallas.  :(

I don't have a problem with shipping to you, sure it's less than a pound (at least the ones on my workspace, I'm pretty sure I have pounds of 'em out in the garage tho')... maybe we can trade for an encoder or two, I'm wanting to experiment with those on a couple of my midiboxes.

Anyway, pm me your address, and I will start digging these things out and send in the next week or so.

c u l8r,

gb