been away, MIOS?

Guest valkr1e

Guest valkr1e

so i've been busy being part of the working class for a change (THANK GOODNESS!) and i stop in now that i have money to start making my midibox and see this new thing that people are raving about; MIOS. so what i see is that MIOS is a basic foundation that you load onto a PIC18F852-i/p (am i right?) which enables you to do software updates via midi, and adds added speed, memory and takes care of support for a more graphical interface, am i right? what am i missing and what am i wrong on?

here's what i'm looking for now, i want to create a midibox with a built in sequencer, as many encoders as possible with pots for the remainder to get a total of either 64 or 72, i desire to use the highest resolution display i can get to function properly. that's all i really need.  i will build a SID module later, as the midibox is the primary concern and i want a really nice sid control surface.

so i'm assuming that we are still using the MBHP PCB's, correct? or to make full use of the new features i will have to wait till the midibox NG(i am guessing this will utilize a new hardware platform?)

tell me where i'm right or where i'm wrong here to let me know. since things have changed so much here lately i feel completely lost.

any help is appreciated.

Hi,

yes, you are mostly right.

MIDIbox NG is nothing else than a MIDIbox which is fully based on the MBHP, which works under MIOS as operating system and which can be used for different functions by exchanging applications via MIDI (one time a sequencer, another time a Logic Control emulator...)

Hardware changes are not planned...

Best Regards, Thorsten.