making a sturdy frontpanel / using fiberglass

gi_joe

hi people

i'm in the process of getting my mbSeq done.

i finished the core, din's and dout (wich was a quite simple, beyond expectation.. thanks to this site and forum with all the info)

now it's time for the case and frontpanel, and especially the stuff that's beneath it, mounting the rotaries, buttons and leds.

the big question is, since i've no experience whatsoever on this field.. what would be the best way to get a sturdy feel for the rotaries and buttons?

i've this novation remote le keyboard, wich just feels crappy and cheap. you can move the pots around in their holes on the front, etc. maybe they are just cheap pots, but i think the way they are connected to whatever they are mounted on is pretty important too :)

also, what will be the best way of connecting everything? mounting them on a metal plate and use direct wires, or just fix the whole bunch on vectorboards and wire it up from there? or perhaps fixing vectorboards on a metal plate?

also i'm wondering about using fiberglass for the casing, and especially a good material to shape the mold to form the fiberglass/polyester around.

i'd love some tips from experienced builders, i think it would prevent me from making stupid first-timer mistakes :)

thanks a million! :)