keyboard interface

Guest neuronet

Guest neuronet

Is it possible to have the MBHP send midi on/of signals? I'm asking because i'd like to build a keyboard midi controller using a keyboard matrix connected to the pic. any ideas?

I don't think building a midi keyboard is a viable option.......where are you getting the keys from........and what about the velocity sensors.......midi is not just on and off data (though any midibox on Thorsten's sit can be used to do this with pushbuttons) there are sensors in a real midi keyboard that sense the speed that you hit the keys at, and good ones have aftertouch sensors too. But this is just advice, its up to you. (I dunno whether velocity is possible with these designs though)

bye, from Steve 8)

My experience tells me the following:

It's very well possible to create your own midi keyboard.

using buttons as keys ( like a roland mc-303) it actualy is very simple...

BUT if you are planning on building a pianolike keyboard...:) look at the post before this one. Ofcourse it's possible to create velocity detection..by use of piezo's or electromechanical devices...but I'll  bet you...that when you add all the costs for the components together + the amount of time you spend on designing + building +tuning etc. together, you can buy yourself a big cool midikeyboard, which will probably work even better.

What IS a good option is buying a cheap midikeyboard...and add a midi box inside it....so you can add knobs buttons Leds encoders or whatever...

greetz

Jasper

Guest neuronet

perhaps i should have been more specific. The project i have in mind is a personalized guitar-style midi controller simaler in shape to an AX-1. I don't need the velocity or aftertouch functions, just keys that send on/off data. Nothing more. I have keys and could easily construct the casing.

Guest neuronet

So what's the verdict? What do i need? Am i going to need to learn the PIC assembly in order to generate the on/off data? or is there already functions in the MIOS that'll make it easy?