MIOS Programming with Code::Blocks on a PC running Windows

stryd_one

Hi All,

I thought I'd let you know that the C Simulator is now working on PC, and I have written a setup guide for Code::Blocks IDE to develop apps including an updated setup for the simulator which will work on both PC and Mac.

So now all the nice stuff audiocommander has been showing us in XCode, is now available to us on PC :) This is only due to audiocommanders hard work and advice to me (a total C newbie). Thanks AC!!

Please don't be put off if the big document makes this looks like a lot of work - it's very easy to do, I've just written detailled instructions so that you can't go wrong.

I hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

stryd_one

Edit: Here, have some links:

Code::Blocks Setup Guide

AC-Sim Simulator

Thanks for your work, stryd_one :)

You've done a very good job with this article. karma-candy for you ;D (upps, no, clear that, don't want no bad karma anymore ;D)

I could mirror the zip, too; I've got a midibox-directory on my server anyway with all the pics and SDCC-binary installers, so chances are very low it's disappearing soon...

although it would be good to have one copy here, because any server can go down and any addict can loose it's interest  :-\

Just because I'm curious: The WIKI software's not caching zip-files, too?

(I haven't tried it, but I find the pic-caching-idea quite impressive)

no worries guys. If you want to check it out I highly recommend getting the skeleton zip which will be around soon thanks to some generous hosts ;) it'll mean you can skip like 3/4 of that process.

I made a minor addition to this tonight about an hour ago with a GCC setting required for the sim... just FYI. Also, there should be instructions on importing files, compiling and debugging up tomorrow or the next day. (build-click build, sim-add breakpoints, run, look at watches.. Pretty complex stuff ;) )

The next plan is to make a tool that will automatically convert existing apps to a codeblocks project with the sim included, so you can grab a zip off the website, run the tool, and it's ready to roll... 7 clicks from nothing to syx file, plus the sim is included for quick and easy modification :)

I have to give credit to kokiPsiho and AudioCommander, because I was realllly not looking forward to using/learning C, and these tools (CB and ACSim) are going to make it far more palletable. I'd rather be a newbie with these tools than with ASM in MPLAB that's for sure!

Thanks John!!

I'll post the mirror at AC's site tonight too, so thanks to audiocommander as well :)

AC, my next step is to make the project generator for existing apps... You can see from the zip that the CBP Project file is basic XML style, I wonder if it's similar on XCode?

Xcode uses a packet (kind of "invisible folder") with at least three xml-like property-lists.

But they contain a lot of entries (also user-related) I wouldn't touch programmaticaly, because experience teached me, this is no good idea (at least regarding the frequent update cycles from Apple :) )

btw: the mirrored link is:

http://www.audiocommander.de/downloads/midibox/SDCC+AC-Sim+CBP_Skeleton_v1.9.zip

;)

Cheers, Michael