Yamaha PLG card control

Davo

A PLG card is a synth on a card board that plugs into Yamaha's latest series of keyboards and rack units.  One card offered replicates a DX7.  Kenton has a 1U rack unit device that accepts four cards.  I started wondering whether or not Midibox could be used to control PLG cards.  Now, here's my fantasy:

A Yamaha TX802 has eight tone generators each with two notes of polyphony.  Each generator has its own button to turn it on or off.  Generators can be ganged together to increase polyphony.  The may also be set to trigger in sequence.  What I'd like to do is create a TX802 that has 16 voices for each generator.  This could also be viewed as replicating a TX816 and giving it a real front panel.  So, I'm presenting the idea of using Midibox core modules to control PLG cards similarly to how the FM and SID modules are controlled.  I presume something will need to sit between the core and the PLG card.  Generally, this would start as a Plugstation box capable of handling eight cards to which a front panel is added.

Hmm, maybe it would be easier to take two of these Plugstation boxes and use Midibox modules to glue them together and provide a front panel.

Now think how it'll feel and sound if you assign each tone generator a different rank of pipes.  Mmmmmm!!!

Does anyone here know where to find specs on PLG cards?