MIOS Studio beta7

Hi All,

An updated version of MIOS Studio is now available which includes support for MIOS v1.9. It can be downloaded directly here: MIOSStudio_beta7_2

As well as support for v1.9 there are lots of new features, the website will be updated within the next week to list all the new features.

Please note, this is a development version and a number of changes have been made since the last stable release. The documentation is out of date and a few features from previous versions have been removed to make way for improvements in future releases.

Feel free to try it out and please post any feedback.

Cheers,

- Adam

great!  :D

This version seems to work a lot smoother on the mac (and is looking much neater). Thumbs up!  :-*

Thanks!!

Good to know! I still haven't tested it on a mac myself, so it's good if any mac users can report any issues they find. If you could take a few screenshots of MIOS Studio running with the mac look 'n' feel and forward them to me it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,

- Adam

I have a couple of problems with MIOS Studio beta 7.  I have an M-Audio midisport 2x2, which shows up as 2 input ports labeled "M 2x2 [hw:2,0]" and two output ports named the same.  Input works from either In A or In B on the midisport, but output only works from Out A, Out B gets no signal.  It doesn't matter which device i select in the MIDI Device Routing window.

Also, my wife's keyboard continually sends "Active Sensing" messages and none of the filtering options stop it from being printed in the MIDI Monitor window.

I'm Java 1.5.0_06 on Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (with kernel 2.6.15).

Hi Fluke,

Thanks for the info, I've fixed the filtering problem and will be releasing a minor update this week to address a few problems.

Could you explain your MidiSport problem a bit more? Has the same issue happened in previous versions of MIOS Studio? Do both ports work with other Linux programs? A screen shot of the Routing Window might be helpful if you could post it for me.

Cheers,

- Adam

Hi meeshka,

Actually, I like the Metal Look better, because the Aqua Look has the look, but definitely not the Feel of Aqua ;)

I noticed, that the window positions are not stored anymore?

Some of them are a bit small in their init states, but this is really peanuts...

The overall impression is a lot better here on my mac :)

Thanks!

Michael

I updloaded a screenshot (avbl 60 days):

866fb8f89b.jpg

I noticed, that the window positions are not stored anymore?

Hi Michael,

What do you mean by this? Do you mean that when you re-open MIOS Studio, the window positions aren't restoring to their previous state?? That shouldn't be happening, has anyone else noticed this problem?

Cheers,

- Ada,

I believe i hade the same problem with my MidiSport in beta 4_4 in that Out B didn't work.  I didn't experiment with that version much though.  My routing window looks like this:

mios_beta_7_2_routing.png

With pmidi on Linux i can use both ports separatly and distinctly.

The output of pmidi -l (list the available midi ports) is:

Port     Client name                       Port name
 62:0     Midi Through                      Midi Through Port-0
 80:0     MidiSport 2x2                     MidiSport 2x2 MIDI 1
 80:1     MidiSport 2x2                     MidiSport 2x2 MIDI 2

I'm no *nix guru but ... I notice the I/O have the same addresses for both ports in the screencap but not the pasted console text... You might wanna take a look in the config file for the driver and see if you can force the 2nd port to 2,1 (or whatever is required to get them on the corrrect address)

If I remember correctly, Java on Linux still uses OSS for sound instead of ALSA (I assume pmidi uses ALSA). It's been a while since I've played with setting up OSS backwards compatability in ALSA, but you might wanna look into your alsa.conf/.asoundrc file.

I'm using an M-Audio Quattro on Linux and am not having any problems, but that only has one MIDI In/Out port, not two like the 2x2.