Help with Midi Merge function

robinfawell

I have made an incorrect assumption regarding my Roland Sound Canvas Module. I have thought for some time that I could merge two Midi Inputs. This is not the case.

I need to merge the Midi Out signals from 2 Core modules.

The first Core produces Sysex messages, Control Changes and Midi Note signals from the pedalboard.  There is no Midi In.

The second Core produces the 2 keyboard Midi notes and one Control Change.  There is no Midi In (at present).

As I understand it I can connect the 2 cores together using J11.

Also that my program should designate Core 1 as MBLinkForwarding point and Core 2 as MBLinkEndpoint.

My case, however, seems the opposite of the Midibox link example.  In my case I want no filtering; I want all the Midi messages from Core 1 Midi Out to be present on Core 2 Midi Out.

Should I designate both cores as "Forwarding" ?

From my viewpoint core 1 and 2 could be interchanged.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Robin

Hi Robin,

actually it's very easy in your case - just create a MIDI chain: remove the optocoupler of the second core, connect J11:Vs (ground) of both modules together, and connect the MIDI Out of the first core (J11:MO) to the MIDI In of the second core (J11:MI)

In the application software of the second core, you have to enable the MIDI merger within Init(): MIOS_MIDI_MergerSet(MIOS_MIDI_MERGER_ENABLED);

Best Regards, Thorsten.