DINX1 Diagram

toneburst

Hiya,

does anyone happen to have a simple diagram showing how the DINX1 can be physically laid-out on stripboard? I have the  circuit diagram, but I'm a bit of a newbie, and I'm not too sure how to go about laying out the components. If anyone has a PCB layout for this that might also be very helpful, as I'm considering investing in some sort of circuit-board etching setup. I know this is a childishly simple circuit, but as I said; I'm new to all this really.

Thanks in advance you guys,

Alex

http://www.toneburst.net

Howdy !

On the DIN webpage, the file mbhp_dinx1.pdf, is about as close to a diagram you can use on a breadboard as you can get.  I have a pcb layout 1:1 that is a CORE module and a dinx1 module on a 3" X 5" single sided pcb.  I just need to find it.  When I do, I will post a link here.

good luck,

gb

Hi people,

thanks for your replies. I think I'll make up a paper template sheet marked up with dots and lines a-la stripboard, then I can photocopy this sheet and use it to work out the most efficient way of laying out the components. I've done this sort of thing in the past, but a lonnnnnng time ago.

Tanstaafl, if you could dig out that pcb layout, that would be brilliant. I actually have one of SmashTVs MBCore kits on the way, but I'd be really interested to see your combined PCB, as I'm thinking of putting a single Step A SID in a smallish case, so anything that saves space would be great!

illogik; I will probably get one of the SmashTV DINX4 kits eventually, but at the moment I just want to start with thebasics, as it were, and get a simple 1-SID system up-and-running. Also, as I mentioned above, space is at a premium.

Thanks again guys,

Alex

http://www.toneburst.net